Dietician Divya Singh from Art Of Curing believes in sustainable diets and shares her thoughts about mindful eating including tips to improve your eating habits!
WHAT IS MINDLESS EATING?
Mindless Eating is eating food without paying attention to what and how much is being eaten.
Common signs of ‘Mindless Eating’ are:
● Eating after you are already full
● Eating just because there is still food on your plate
When you eat mindlessly you are more likely to overeat and gain weight. You tend to enjoy your food less because you don’t feel its flavours and textures. When you try to enjoy your food you will learn to be satisfied with smaller amounts.
WHAT IS MINDFUL EATING?
Now let’s understand what Mindful Eating is.
● Mindful eating is paying attention to the process of
eating and enjoying the experience
● Giving full attention to the smell, taste, and texture of
food and the environment in which it is served
● Awareness of what your body is telling you
● Selecting the foods your body needs to be healthy
TIPS FOR MINDFUL EATING
● Eat slowly and chew your food properly
● Eat only when you are hungry
● Try not to wait until you are famished as this increases the chances of overeating
● Stop before you are full
● Always remember- it takes 20 to 40 minutes to feel full
● Pay attention to what you are eating and how much you are eating
● Use all your five senses- such as aroma, texture, colour and flavour of food
● Don’t use mobile phones, TV, or laptops while eating
● Eat at least one meal with your family
● Mindful eating involves paying full attention to the experience of eating and drinking, both inside and outside the body
● Mindful eating helps us learn to hear what our body is telling us about hunger and satiety
● Eating mindfully can improve our overall health
● Try it at lunch and at home today!
STRENGTH: Anyone can workout for an hour but to control what goes on your plate for the other 23 hours…that’s hard work!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Divya Singh is a senior Diet Counselor and Co-Founder of Art Of Curing, having 12+ years of experience. She started her own online venture in 2020 with 5 clients, now through word of mouth she has reached more than 1,000 people and starves to reach +1 million people. She is the mother of 2 kids and settled here in Bangalore since 12 years.
According to Divya Singh “Wellness is a condition of physical, mental, emotional wellness achieved and maintained by proper diet, exercise and lifestyle changes”.
She has a versatile experience in weight management and helped many people to understand their body’s need and requirements and help them to achieve their target weight and transform their lives.